Manulife had recently purchased a building with a 2 cell Steel Forced Draft counter flow VLT 800 cooling tower was in a state of needed repairs.
– Tower interior was rusted and needed to be addressed before the steelwas completely gone.
– Fill media was plugged reducing capacity of unit.
– Mechanicals were at a point of failure.
– Customer wanted to install new VFD’s on the fan motors for energy management purposes.
– Tower had to be isolated in order so that 1 cell would run during repairs.
– Removed and replaced the fill media, eliminators, motors, mechanicals and installed new VFD’s.
– Sandblasted and epoxy coated the tower interior.